Labels

[tip]Where the X modules store

I have debian etch installed on my Sony SZ76 ,today i turn it to Stamina Mode.

Then i got a lot of error about the X.

Through the Google search. I finally solved it.

Here it is

When I turn to stamina mode, the X server can not start at all.

I manually edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

Add

Module "intel"
Section "Device" about the GMA X3100
Section "Screen" consist of the new added Device
Section "ServerLayOut" consist of new screen

when edit the section "device", there is a BusID keyword. I do not
understand what it means.
What i known after google it is that just typing

lspci

the output like this

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile Integrated Graphics
Controller (rev 0c)

the first part is the BusID , namely PCI:00:02:00 by substituting the "." to ":"

the second issue is X do not have the module "intel"

then i invoke

dpkg -S vesa

the output shows that the modules for Xfree86 is located in

/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers

according to the output of dpkg, i guess the pkg name of intel is
xserver-xorg-video-intel

apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-intel

it works